Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Earth Day



a day late, I know, but well wishes in any event.


Since it was a gorgeous weekend, and Earth Day, I was inspired to plant something.

Now I have passsed by little garden gloves and cute little equipment in various home good stores several times. However, I have never purchased such items. So when I went to weed the window boxes our landlord had left, I had to use a big meat fork. I must admit it did work quite well. In ~3 weeks, we should have some wildflowers and basil growing strong!

After washing off the green thumb, I pumped up and dusted off my bike, rang my little bell and was off. There is a path that goes along the water in Bay Ridge, down and past the Verrizano Bridge. I had been down it before, but never to the end. I was going to do it. Did it end at Dyker Heights Beach? did it go all the way to coney Island? Did it end as it started, at a large pier? After about an hour ride, at the end of the road ? . . . there was a mall! I love Brooklyn.

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am going to get a little bell for my bike too! ring ring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home