Friday, December 08, 2006

adapting . . .

the other night TS and walked through the new neighborhood looking at Christmas lights* when something ran across the sidewalk . . . is that? no, this is the city . . . yep, thats a racoon!

After a lovely evening in the city, including viewing the latest Christopher Guest flick, we arrived at the door of our apt, realizing the 3-train ride home from Chelsea took longer than the movie.**

The past week the radiator has been banging uncontrollabley*** throughout the day, into the night and again at 5:58 am. This morning, miraculously, I was awoken by the alarm clock, not the radiator, only at 8am to be startled by a car honk (TS said this was a type of alarm, but it sounded like someone was just laying on the horn to me) that continued as I left for work.

We have Cable! We have Internet****! now if we could only get the router to work, we will be able to go online WHILE watching the Daily Show . . . that will be simply awesome.


*and a blue light covered shrub . . . is this the famed Hanukkah bush?
**In my defense, I wouldnt have spent $11 on the movie had I known it was only 80 minutes long.
*** well, if we tighten one knob the noise dulls, but then it leaks a steady stream of orange-tinged water
****of course, my computer is still fighting a useable ISP address, but pics of the new place will be posted when I'm up and running

1 Comments:

At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been dying to see the new Christopher Guest flick, but 80 min. that is a bit of a crock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home