Monday, December 18, 2006

Connie


Shortly after we moved in to the new place, we opened all the windows one day to air it out a bit. Not 2 shakes of a lamb's tail later, a fly flew in. At first this was very irritaiting. But after the second day of seeing a black spot zoom by, I decided instead of trying to kill this thing, I would name it, and it would be our pet. Connie has been with us for 2 weeks today. I see her every morning, I have coffee, she sits on the curtain, we read the Times together. When I come home from work, she's waiting for me, hanging on the closet door.
When I mentioned Connie to a friend, she said flies only live 3 days, and that we must have an infestation problem, and that its connie's grandkids I'm seeing now. But I think this must be the Drosophilan fruit flies from science camp that she is thinking about. That said, it does seem odd that Connie hasnt left us yet. I keep thinking today will be the day I sweep up her remains, taking her, along with a few walnut pieces and dirt, to the incinerator.

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is Seth Brundle. Check the head and see if it is a man's head on a fly body. I believe "The Fly" took place in lower Brooklyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home