Friday, June 01, 2007

my first iced coffee of the season

I dont remember my first iced coffee*. It may have been in college when I worked at the coffee roastry. I know I didnt quite enjoy them right away . . . I think its been in the last 2-3 years that I have decided I do indeed love it.
I recently had my first iced coffee of the season. I got it at the Greek dinner at Grand and La Fayette. I love this little dinner, the lady behind the counter always calls me "sweetheart." This delic version of the dish comes in an un-assuming coca-cola waxedpaper cup and costs about $1.50**.
The very next day while walking from my future work place to my current work cite I stopped by Local I bought my second iced coffee of the season. This place is great, and although it was almost twice as expensive, I could feel trendy with my agave sryup sweetner.
Later I somehow convinced TS to try iced coffee. Hee-hee, the look on his face with the first sip was one of bitter disgust.
Since then I've been enjoying this treat at home, with day-old coffee*** and I may even take it a step further to make my own coffee-cubes - watchout, this will be one caffinated gal!

*I do remember the first time I had hot coffee . . . it was at my great-grandma, Mimaw's house for Thanksgiving, and it was out of a small silver cup . . . I think I was 8 years old
**the price seems to vary a bit, depending on who rings me up
*** ok, sometimes several-day old coffee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home