Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Tornado?

Each time I awoke in the middle of the night (or so I thought it was) to the shrill crack of lightning followed by a chorus of car alarms and a low rumbling, I thought it would be the last time. But it went on, incesently. I remember wishing TS was back from Atlanta, but glad that Lisa Dog wasnt here, as this would have frightened the pee-pee out of her. The rain drumed against the AC, sounding like hail. More flashes coupled with barritone thunder, with another round of urban crickets underway.
And then as I awoke, to the blue sky and humidity seeping through the non-AC bedroom, I cursed the storm for waking me without even leaving a cool day in its place.
Then I stepped out for a morning walk. Trees are down. everywhere.
check out Bay ridge in the news
scroll down on this page for photos, I think a couple of the trees on cars are on 72nd st

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home